Tuesday 12 February 2019

Thor the Dark World

I could have just discussed all the films Loki was part of in the right order. But I don‘t do a lot in the standard way, so I just start with my favorite one:


Thor the Dark World!


I think this movie didn't gotten the credit it deserved. I‘m not exactly thrilled about the scenes on earth with Jane and the other folks, so I just don‘t address that furthermore. Shall I just continue my post about our favorite? Loki!

Favorite Introduction:

In the Avengers we see Loki looking as a mess at first sight, (Of course he made all women worldwide faint a few scenes later, with him staring in their souls while the guards guide him away. Even Bruce Banner got distracted by that look!) here we see the opposite. I can‘t help but saying that he just looks extremely attractive in those chains! I don‘t know how many time was meant to be passed, but he surely doesn't look like he just got Hulk Smashed! The way we get to see him walking towards -there‘s the minor point..- Odin. In between he asked his mother if he made her proud. Also I like the scenes with Frigga and Loki very much. If you ask me I think, despite that he wasn't her real son, she favored Loki over Thor. Yes, I love this introduction. I have played this DVD like a thousand of times, so I usually just skip the prologue part and my movie starts with this scene. :)


Favorite quote:

"If it were easy, everyone would do it."
And of course, off-screen at the end of the scene:
"Ta-daa!"





I still use this scene (in a shorter version) as my ringtone. So when I got my sound on and someone sends me a message, suddenly Loki is talking in my pants. When alone I‘ll let it continue until "Ta-daa!", but people usually find it annoying. Likewise Thor thinks the same of his brother, during this scene and before! That‘s also the thing I love most about this film: The intercourse between Thor & Loki. Thor, as irritated as he feels about it, once again discovers that he needs Loki. Of course we can‘t look into Loki‘s head, but I think in a way he felt the same way. 

The picture says: "Fave 'Irritate Thor' Loki". (I could not have named it: "Favorite interacting like brothers", because in both this film and in Thor: Ragnarok I equally like their interacting.) I've got it  addressed a little already, but I‘d like to add how much I enjoy their spaceship scene. Thor being stressed about flying the ship, pressing all buttons with Loki breathing down his spine, telling him to press it gently. That scene always cracks me up! Loki, clearly had wanted Thor to hand over the ship to him, commenting about how his brother just decapitated his grandfather. With this 'Loki commentary' he had pushed his brother to his limits, and as a result Thor threw Loki out. Is it an idea to rerelease this film, with nothing but Loki commentary during the whole film?

Favorite Illusion:



In my opinion, too much Loki scenes got cut in Thor the Dark World. (Perhaps because otherwise they could have better named the movie: Loki the Dark World..) But if I should name one they should not had cut out, I‘m not naming this one. I‘m naming the scene in which you see Loki scream loudly after he just heard about his mother‘s death. In the movie we only get to see him moving his furniture, while this extended scene showed much more of his emotions! It showed that he cared deeply, that also the God of Mischief is a man with real feelings. Of course for us it‘s obvious Loki isn't heartless, even though his actions and words have not always shown that. We read it off his face (right?). But when I‘m talking to someone who doesn't understand his character, they describe him as a selfish, heartless dirty bull. Unfortunately for some, Loki still is a misunderstood character.

But luckily, the deleted scenes are out there for us to see. And this is one of my favorite because it‘s full of fun! Loki dressed as a King, raising Mjolnir and getting a lot of glory from the folks. An illusion created by Loki. The scene in Thor: Ragnarok (Hela demanding the folks to kneel before her), reminds me of this scene. Loki really has developed himself in Ragnarok, but sometimes I think it‘s funny to wonder: Is Loki really the adopted one? ;) 

Fave Ending:



Once you have seen the after credits scenes, you don‘t have to see them again. At least, that‘s what I thought. For me the movie starts with Loki and ends with him + the lovely Thor the Dark World music which comes after. Once I said: "Marvel shall never outdo the strong vibe this ending had.", and several movies further I still agree with myself. The best fatherly advise Thor ever got, didn't even came from his father. As if Loki just knew Thor would have turned around while walking away (imagine if he did..), he transformed (looking just as attractive like in the introduction) back to himself and softly said: 'No, thank you..' Gold!

I got to see this movie again!

No comments:

Post a Comment