Monday 11 February 2019

Just another Monday

Monday morning:


This Monday morning after Tom Hiddleston‘s birthday weekend (Or perhaps birthday week is a better thing to say!) for me feels as a extra extra ordinary Monday. Just like for most people, Monday is my least favorite day.

In London last weekend was all about BAFTA (The British Academy of Film and Television Arts). On Friday they had the BAFTA Film Gala at the Savoy Hotel which Tom attended and the yearly BAFTA awards took place on Sunday. However I don‘t know if he was there on Sunday. Hopefully he spend the weekend with his family, celebrating his birthday. I highly appreciate him being involved with such good organisations like BAFTA who have their focuses on the talents of the people, not their backgrounds.

Credit: BAFTA
But I just can‘t help but thinking about how events like these have another darker side. I‘m referring to something about Friday‘s event. I came across a bunch of photo‘s on Facebook; not the one above, but perhaps they weren‘t taken much later. You see Tom leaving the hotel, walking towards the car. He doesn't even have the chance to step in without someone shoving something to sign below his nose! It was a picture of Loki, I don‘s assume it‘s urgent for him to see a photo of Loki he already has seen a thousand times before.. (Only for us fans seeing a photo of Loki is urgent;)) I mean come on! I know he‘s a very popular actor, you do not need to tell me that. But give the man a break! I assumed the pictures were taken after 00.00, so it was his birthday already. I‘ll bet people who are just after his autograph, (to resell it probably) don‘t know it was the man‘s birthday and don‘t even care. Other than that I know this wasn't the first time and unfortunately will not be last time. These people have ruined red carpet events (by rudely jumping the queue) for true fans who managed to get there earlier, and they will continue doing that. That‘s the reason why there‘s not even one hair on my head wanting to be standing in such a crowded place anyway. We live in a world where a lot of people have lost true dignity. People are forgetting that celebrities are no objects. They are forgetting they are just as human as we all are.

Apart from that, I really hope Tom had a lovely weekend. I would like to end this post with a positive photo from last weekend: namely Tom Hiddleston with BAFTA Young Presenter Braydon Bent.

Credit: Braydon Bent


No comments:

Post a Comment