Thursday 14 February 2019

Happy Valentine‘s Day!



What is Valentine‘s Day?


Valentine‘s Day is an excuse to make a Tom edit like this..

Doesn't it sound romantic, Valentine‘s day? But for real I‘m only getting flooded with Valentine commercials for make-up, parfum and among others, yes I have to admit cute fluffy stuff. In short: presents.. And today I got reminded to the fact I perhaps need to unsubscribe me from a few newsletters..

In the media it’s all about buying presents for each other. Totally unnecessary, if you ask me. I mean, I shall not have hearts in my eyes for a random scent. First of all, men mostly don’t know which kind of parfum women like and second of all, long before I‘m out of parfum, I got my stock refilled myself! Where did the time of handwritten letters and cards go? Or perhaps a long e-mail, fine too. Don’t tell me I‘m the only woman, longing to find a lovely letter from her partner (or the man who adores her) in her mailbox? (Instead of the usual boring mail..)

Actually I don’t see Valentine’s Day as a special day, this evening I even got a work related meeting! Perhaps someone will bring heart-shaped chocolates, who knows. That’s something I do love, chocolate! Love, (according to what people say here) nowadays is through the stomach. Especially for men! However on my imaginary wish list, love in words and (written) feelings still ends op higher! What about you?

Milka! Why haven‘t I got me those?

Besides, spreading love (in any way whatsoever) is something we should do every day, not just on Valentine’s day! 


Bonus: last year‘s edit.



No comments:

Post a Comment