Saturday 4 May 2019

Let‘s talk about.. Long haired men!

Long haired men..

Loki & Thor




Obviously I need to open this post with a picture of my favorite brothers: Loki & Thor. How I can say I‘m a huge Avengers fan nowadays, is the result of my decision of watching 'Thor' when I saw it in the TV-Guide years ago. My reason why I wanted to watch it back then? That takes me back to the title of this blog. "Gods, fantasy, men with long hair", I thought when I read the description of Thor and here I am!

Actually I've always had a thing for men with long hair. I‘m pretty sure I will end up marrying one. I‘ll dare to bet Loki‘s life on that one!


Who wouldn't love to see Bucky & Loki in a scene together?


Charmed

The idea of a post with this theme was created the other day, while watching an episode of the first season of Charmed in which the warlock was a long haired (obviously) man. Immediately I thought: "Oh right, that guy. I remember him!"



Matthew Tate portrayed by Billy Wirth.
Even though he‘s no Loki, there was a lot of mischief in that guy. And during the shirt-off scene perhaps you could have called him a mix between Thor and Loki. Matthew who came from the 17th century, got awakened in the late 90s. If he hadn't stolen (and there‘s Loki again) the ability of blinking from place to place from a witch, I totally could have seen him walk into a pet-store, acting like Thor saying: 'I need a horse!' And in that same blink of an eye, he made woman fall for him, decade after decade. Yes, I totally would have fallen for a dark guy like that..



Bad Wyatt 'Matthew' Halliwell portayed by Wes Ramsey.

Same show, different name (except for the middle name..) different guy. Since Charmed took over halve my childhood, let‘s analyze the show a little bit more for long haired men. I think there won‘t be many good guys in this list. This was the bad version of Wyatt from the future. I don‘t quite remember how they changed him to be a good guy later, but when he was, suddenly his hair was gone too. Why is it that in tv shows, men with long hair rarely have good intentions?



Film 'The Mummy' (1 or 2) Actor: Oded Fehr


I said rarely, because as I remember this man wasn't so bad. Why is he listed below 'Charmed'? Well, you might also remember Oded as Zankou, the demon he portrayed in the seventh season. Shame they didn't gave him some more hair, because it really looked good on him.


Cole Turner (Julian McMahon).
But he just wore a wig as a disguise this particular episode


Johnny Depp

He gave us the craziest characters. He did it all! I think he‘s truly an amazing actor! Of course, my favorite roles of him are the ones in which he has long locks! 

Johnny Depp in 'Pirates of the Caribbean', 'Chocolate',
'From Hell' and 'Blow'.
Captain Jack Sparrow! A legend!  I remember I was in the last class of primary school when we watched 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and one of the guys said: 'Don‘t tell me you got the hots for him? Don‘t you know how old he is??' Yes, of course I knew, nothing wrong with a little fantasizing right?




Will Turner (Orlando Bloom). Not bad either.
Definitely not bad. 


Mel Gibson

Mel Gibson in 'Lethal Weapon' and in 'Braveheart'. 

Actually me being fascinated by men with long hair had started even earlier. Braveheart: What year was that movie from? 1995. When you think the Dutch television had it aired at first? 1997 or 1998? Good lord, I was 7 back then! Perhaps it was a few years later than.. But well, Mel Gibson, you started this! ;)

A few months ago, the classic 'Lethal Weapon' films (which I have seen a thousand times!) were on again and once again it hit me: I‘m born 20/25 years too late!

Aquaman

Jason Momoa as Aquaman!

However, the cinema‘s are not disappointing me yet! Forgive me for mentioning DC in a blog about a Marvel character (I also like DC), but watching this long haired watergod‘s abs in 3D is no punishment at all!

Lord of the Rings

Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen) & Boromir (Sean Bean)

Still one of my favorites: the Lord of the Rings trilogy!


Heath Ledger

Heath Ledger in '10 things I hate about you' and in his last film: 'The Dark Knight'. 


Heath Ledger, a legend who died way too soon! He truly was an amazing actor and the best Joker ever! Heath, who only reached the age of 28 truly has a amazing list of movies behind his name. My top 3 definitely is: 'The Dark Knight', 'The Patriot' (In where Mel Gibson portrays his father) and 'Casanova'!


America‘s Next Top Model

I felt very grateful, when ANTM added guys in their show in which models compete each other for becoming the next America‘s Next Top Model. 

Michael 'Mikey' Heverly. Photo: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images

My favorite contestant of the show. Mikey, who became the second best guy in ANTM cycle 22. I remember that Tyra called him a mix between (Viking) Thor & Game of Thrones Drogo. Besides his good looks, his personality also really impressed me. He showed a lot of humor but eventually he touched hearts with his emotions, with showing the man he truly is. And after I started following him on Instagram I also found out he creates jewelry with shells (Murdashells) for his customers. Shells which all have their own journey, created with love, from the heart. One beautiful message is: "When you act with your heart, you can live your dreams!"

Michael wasn't the only long haired male contestant ANTM had, but the only one I wanted to mention here. 


Music stars

I‘ll address this quickly, because don‘t get me started or I won‘t stop. Again a reason why I mentioned I was born 20 years too late. The 80s and the 90s: The decades of the good music and the long haired men!

Michael Hutchence (INXS)

A beautiful man, a beautiful voice. Michael was the lead singer of the band INXS. One of their best known songs is 'Never Tear Us Apart', which you probably have heard of. I love their music! Michael Hutchence, another legend who died way too soon. Below there‘s another one.





Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)

Does this man even need an introduction? I was only 3 years old when he died. But the music of Nirvana lives on. His voice lives on. Their music meant so much for me. I still listen to it a lot. This is 'Oh me', one of my favorites:






Guns n‘ Roses

I grew up with this music. My parents just needed to turn on 'Knocking on Heavens Door' to get me quiet. But my all time favorite is 'November Rain':


I could make this pages long, but it‘s better I‘ll stop here..

Back to:

Tom & Chris



Remember when he had this long hair? I thought it really looked good on him! I think this was around the film 'Rush' in which he portrayed James Hunt from the F1. (awesome movie by the way!)



Can we count Tom‘s current hair as long? All right, we can. And with a little luck, he‘ll let it grow even longer in the future!


Bonus!


Tom Hiddleston in 'Only Lovers Left Alive' & Chris Hemsworth in
'Bad Times At The El Royale'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment