Sunday 10 March 2019

Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel




Men, beware! Also in the film-industry, the women are after a take-over, so it looks. We will most definitely see it happening in this year’s superheroes films. After the Marvel male related superheroes such as Thor, Iron Man, Captain America & Black Panther, now it‘s up to actress Brie Larson (In my Dutch review I couldn‘t resist on mentioning here that she‘s also known for the movie Kong: Skull Island in which my favorite Marvel actor Tom Hiddleston has a big role. Even if we will see Loki in Endgame, I know he‘s one of the characters I can‘t mention for my Endgame review..) to crawl into the skin of a superhero: Captain Marvel! Also, later this year Marvel will release the movie: ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ which will also be dominated by (not all heroes) female characters. Talked about this: We‘ve seen it at DC too with ‘Wonder Woman’, earlier ‘Catwoman’ and the ‘Supergirl’ show (from which was made a movie in the 80s and apparently there are plans for a new Supergirl film). I thought it was very accurate for me to go see ‘Captain Marvel on International Women’s Day! However, if you just look at the title, you might just not directly assume it concerns a woman. When a few years ago I first got crossed with the title ‘Captain Marvel’, before knowing any details, I assumed it would be a male character. (No, ain’t really a comics-reader..) Funny thing I recently read in a blog titled ‘Everything you need to know about the new Captain Marvel film!’ from Wilson Worldwide Productions (Award-winning Film & TV production company which I am following on Instagram), that the character originally was a man!



I shall not go in too deep about the story, because that‘ll mean concerning a Marvel movie, mostly too much is said. But I think I can refer this: I thought it was highly respectful that instead of the usual Marvel intro, one completely in theme of Stan Lee was present as a tribute to the in November passed away legend Stan Lee. In Captain Marvel you will see one of his last cameo’s. Known is that he also recorded one for Avengers: Endgame. Do you think he also recorded one for the new Spider-man movie?  

Photo: Gage Skidmore (Wikipedia)

It took me a while for me to really get into this movie. Of course, I had this question in my head: Who‘s Captain Marvel? What is her story? Well, if you are curious about that yourself too, then for one evening travel back to the 90's in which this film takes place (with the presence of the typical 90s music such as Nirvana, I assume that‘ll work just fine). Together with her, Nick Fury and among others cat Goose, you go with them on their adventure in which not everyone is who he/she looks like & in which the special effects once again are mind-blowing!

Luckily, the male superheroes are definitely not planning on disappearing! Around the end of April, we will finally (and hopefully) see Iron Man, Thor & among others Captain America in action again in Avengers: Endgame! After seeing Captain Marvel, I‘ve already gotten the chills for Avengers: Endgame. What about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment